Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony
Reveals the methodology you need to resolve complex problems in an IP telephony network
- Master troubleshooting techniques and methodologies for all parts of a Cisco IP Telephony solution-Cisco CallManager, IP phones, gateways, applications, and more
- Learn how to investigate and resolve voice quality problems, including delayed audio, choppy or garbled audio, static and noise, one-way or no-way audio, and echo
- Read about the variety of trouble-shooting tools at your disposal and how and when to use them based on the problem type
- Discover the potential causes of common problems and how to efficiently troubleshoot them to resolution
- Learn how to identify and resolve gateway problems by breaking the components into logical groups and following a methodical troubleshooting approach
- Use best practices recommendations to build a stronger IP telephony deployment and avoid common mistakes
IP telephony represents the future of telecommunications: a converged data and voice infrastructure boasting greater flexibility and more cost-effective scalability than traditional telephony. The ability to troubleshoot an IP telephony environment and the underlying network infrastructure is vitally important, just as it is in any complex system.
Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony teaches the troubleshooting skills necessary to identify and resolve problems in an IP telephony solution. This book provides comprehensive coverage of all parts of a Cisco IP Telephony (CIPT) solution, including CallManager, IP phones, gateways, analog devices, database and directory replication, call routing, voice mail, applications, network infrastructure, and more. You'll learn how to read trace files, determine when to turn on tracing and Cisco IOS(r) Software voice debugging, and how to troubleshoot voice quality issues.
Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony shows you how to break down problems to find the root cause. Descriptions of each part of the CIPT solution help you understand the functionality of each part of the solution and how each part interacts with other parts of the solution. You'll then learn what steps to take and tools to use to identify and resolve the cause of the problem.
1011 pages; ISBN 9781587053603
, or download in
Title: Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony
Author: Paul Giralt; Addis Hallmark; Anne Smith
The Innovators 2014 US$ 9.99 528 pages