Professional WCF Programming
.NET Development with the Windows Communication Foundation
You'll learn all about Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and how WCF answers many of the SOA needs. You'll also explore the core makeup of WCF and progress into advanced topics such as security and interoperability. And you'll learn how to effectively build, deploy, and host your application with the help of WCF management tips and techniques.
Professional WCF Programming covers everything you need to know about WCF, including binding, contracts, clients, services, security, and much more.
What you will learn from this book
- How the .NET Framework 3.0 and WCF extend the .NET Framework 2.0 CLR and how to develop with the Visual Studio® 2005 Extensions for WCF
All about the WCF programming model and service model
Tips for integrating WCF with existing applications and technology
Steps for successfully deploying your WCF services
Ways to build security into your WCF applications
Methods for taking advantage of transactions and queues
How to debug and configure your WCF services utilizing the various WCF management tools
Who this book is for
This book is for Windows developers who want to learn about the Windows Communication Foundation and how it can be a benefit in their environment. A good understanding of the .NET Framework and related technologies (such as Web services and the WS-* specifications) will be useful when reading this book, but is not required.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Title: Professional WCF Programming
Author: Scott Klein
HTML and CSS 2011 US$ 29.99 514 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Application software; Development
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Computers > Programming Languages > C#
- Computers > Programming