The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Aid, Peace and Justice in Afghanistan
The prevailing wisdom about post-conflict reconstruction is centered on the notion of nation-building. In the globalized post-September 11th world, can military might and technological solutions foster stability by enforcing democracy from the outside? Using Afghanistan as a case study, this text illustrates how emerging international "ordering" practices affect the role and policy of international actors such as United Nations agencies and international NGOs and their ability to generate just and social outcomes.
More Social Science
Statistics in Plain English, Third Edition 2010 US$ 42.95 212 pages
The Powers to Lead 2008 US$ 14.99 241 pages
- Academic > History > History of Asia > Afghanistan > History
- Academic > History > History of Asia > Arab countries > History
- Current Events > Political
- Political Science > Reconciliation & Peace Studies
- Political Science > International Relations
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security
- Social Science > Third World Development