The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Caged in Chaos
A Dyspraxic Guide to Breaking Free
Winner of the NASEN & TES Special Educational Needs Children's Book Award 2005 Written by a teenage dyspraxic, this inspiring book is a unique practical guide for dyspraxics and those around them struggling and determined to get to grips with the social, physical and psychological chaos caused by developmental co-ordination disorders (DCDs). In her own conversational style, Victoria Biggs discusses both the primary effects of her 'learning difference' - disorganization, clumsiness and poor short-term memory - and the secondary difficulties she and other dyspraxics encounter, including bullying, low self-esteem and loneliness. She offers down-to-earth advice on a wide range of issues, from body language, puberty, health and hygiene to family life and social skills. Personal stories and 'this-is-what-it's-like-for-me' accounts from other dyspraxic adolescents are also included. Her positive and practical approach and profound empathy with others in her situation make this book a must-read for dyspraxics, their parents and other family members, and for professionals working with them.
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, Expanded Edition 2014 US$ 10.99 288 pages
Hold Me Tight 2008 US$ 12.99
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry > Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Developmental > Adolescent
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Developmental > Child
- Health & Fitness > Diseases
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education
- Education > Special Education
- Family & Relationships > Children with Special Needs