The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Core JavaServer" Faces, (Adobe Reader)
This is the eBook version of the printed book. If the print book includes a CD-ROM, this content is not included within the eBook version.
JavaServer Faces (JSF) is quickly emerging as the leading solution for rapid user interface development in Java-based server-side applications. Now, Core JavaServer™ Faces –the #1 guide to JSF–has been thoroughly updated in this second edition, covering the latest feature enhancements, the powerful Ajax development techniques, and open source innovations that make JSF even more valuable.
Authors David Geary and Cay Horstmann delve into all facets of JSF 1.2 development, offering systematic best practices for building robust applications, minimizing handcoding, and maximizing productivity. Drawing on unsurpassed insider knowledge of the Java platform, they present solutions, hints, tips, and “how-tos” for writing superior JSF 1.2 production code, even if you’re new to JSF, JavaServer Pages™, or servlets.
The second edition’s extensive new coverage includes: JSF 1.2’s improved alignment with the broader Java EE 5 platform; enhancements to the JSF APIs; controlling Web flow with Shale; and using Facelets to replace JSP with XHTML markup. The authors also introduce Ajax development with JSF–from real-time validation and Direct Web Remoting to wrapping Ajax in JSF components and using the popular Ajax4jsf framework.
This book will help you
- Automate low-level details and eliminate unnecessary complexity in server-side development
- Discover JSF best practices, ranging from effective UI design and style sheets to internationalization
- Use JSF with Tiles to build consistent, reusable user interfaces
- Leverage external services such as databases, LDAP directories, authentication/authorization, and Web services
- Use JBoss Seam to greatly simplify development of database-backed applications
- Implement custom components, converters, and validators
- Master the JSF 1.2 tag libararies, and extend JSF with additional tag libraries
Chapter 1: Getting Started
Chapter 2: Managed Beans
Chapter 3: Navigation
Chapter 4: Standard JSF Tags
Chapter 5: Data Tables
Chapter 6: Conversion and Validation
Chapter 7: Event Handling
Chapter 8: Subviews and Tiles
Chapter 9: Custom Components, Converters, and Validators
Chapter 10: External Services
Chapter 11: Ajax
Chapter 12: Open Source
Chapter 13: How Do I . . .
748 pages; ISBN 9780132343466
, or download in
More from this author
The Extreme Searcher's Internet Handbook 2013 US$ 19.99 345 pages
The New Digital Age 2013 US$ 11.99 336 pages