The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Dude, You’re a Fag
Masculinity and Sexuality in High School
High school and the difficult terrain of sexuality and gender identity are brilliantly explored in this smart, incisive ethnography. Based on eighteen months of fieldwork in a racially diverse working-class high school, Dude, You're a Fag sheds new light on masculinity both as a field of meaning and as a set of social practices. C. J. Pascoe's unorthodox approach analyzes masculinity as not only a gendered process but also a sexual one. She demonstrates how the "specter of the fag" becomes a disciplinary mechanism for regulating heterosexual as well as homosexual boys and how the "fag discourse" is as much tied to gender as it is to sexuality.
No More Mr. Nice Guy! 2002 US$ 9.95 261 pages
How To Win Friends and Influence People 2010 US$ 11.66 320 pages
- Academic > Sociology > The Family. Marriage. Women > Sexual life
- Academic > Sociology > The Family. Marriage. Women > Men
- Education > Secondary
- Social Science > Gender Studies
- Social Science > Anthropology
- Social Science > Ethnic Studies
- Social Science > Men's Studies
- Social Science > Gay Studies
- Family & Relationships > Teenagers