Co-operative Mobile Networking for the Wireless World
This book offers a complete and detailed overview of the Ambient Networking concept and its core technologies. The authors explain the problems with current mobile IP networks and the need for a new mobility-aware IP-based control architecture, before presenting the Ambient Networking concept itself and the business opportunities that it offers. The architecture, components, features and challenges of Ambient Networking are covered in depth, with comprehensive discussions of multi-radio access, generic Ambient Network signalling, mobility support, context and network management and built-in media delivery overlay control.
Ambient Networks: Co-operative Mobile Networking for the Wireless World
- Explains the need for Ambient Networking, discussing the limitations of today’s proposed architectures, and explaining the business potential of edge networks and network co-operation.
- Describes Ambient Networking technology in detail, and addresses the technical challenges for implementation.
- Includes practical user scenarios which are fully analysed and assessed through simulation studies.
Including a complete examination of the research and technologies arising from the Ambient Networks concept, Ambient Networks will be invaluable for research and development teams in networking and communications technology, as well as advanced students in electrical engineering and computer science faculties. Standardisation specialists, research departments, and telecommunications analysts will also find this a helpful resource.
288 pages; ISBN 9780470511039
, or download in
Title: Ambient Networks
Author: Norbert Niebert; Andreas Schieder; Jens Zander; Robert Hancock
Commercializing Successful Biomedical Technologies 2008 US$ 44.00 361 pages
Electronics All-in-One For Dummies 2013 US$ 39.99 843 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing; Distributed processing
- Computers > Networking
- Technology > Electronics
- Technology > Telecommunications