for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...

Student Behaviour

Theory and practice for teachers

Student Behaviour
Not for sale in
your country
Behaviour management in the classroom and schoolyard is one of the most challenging aspects of teaching. Student Behaviour offers a comprehensive overview of the major theories of behaviour management in primary and secondary schools, illustrated with detailed case studies.

Porter outlines how teachers can develop a personal approach to classroom management based on a sound understanding of theory. The emphasis is on proactive approaches to discipline to assist students in achieving educational and social goals. Porter also shows how to enhance students' motivation and help students become confident and independent learners.

This third edition has been fully revised and updated to reflect the latest research, and includes new material on collaborating with parents, ethical issues, dealing with bullying and helping students to be autonomous in their learning and behaviour. Examples and references are drawn from current international research.

Student Behaviour is an essential textbook for preservice teachers and a valuable reference for more experienced teachers who want to improve their ability to cope with disruptive behaviour.

‘The style of writing is clear, accessible and authoritative…an ideal text for all teachers in initial and post-experience training. It treats its audience as intelligent and discerning, provides a clear digest of a very wide range of published material, and allows its readers to reach their own decisions about suitable and sensitively executed approaches that are likely to be of lasting value.'
British Journal of Educational Psychology

Allen & Unwin; December 2006