The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Lifelong Learning and the Learning Society
This book critically assesses the learning that is required and provided within a learning society and gives a detailed sociological analysis of the emerging role of lifelong learning with examples from around the globe. Divided into three clear parts the book:
- looks at the development of the knowledge economy
- provides a critique of lifelong learning and the learning society
- focuses on the changing nature of research in the learning society.
The author, well-known and highly respected in this field, examines how lifelong learning and the learning society have become social phenomena across the globe. He argues that the driving forces of globalisation are radically changing lifelong learning and shows that adult education/learning only gained mainstream status because of these global changes and as learning became more work orientated.
256 pages; ISBN 9781134254767
, or download in or
More from this author
- The Theory and Practice of Learning2003US$ 51.95209 pages
- International Dictionary of Adult and Continuing Education2002US$ 58.95228 pages
More Social Science
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Social aspects of education > Educational sociology
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education extension. Adult education. Continuing education
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Political Science > Globalization
- Education > Philosophy & Social Aspects
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education
- Social Science > Sociology