Understanding Children's Development in the Early Years
Questions Practitioners Frequently Ask
This highly practical and accessible book is full of case studies and helpful advice on how to enhance our understanding of very young children. The author addresses key questions such as:
- is it nature or nurture that makes children who they are?
- how can I develop the best possible skills to interact with children?
- what can I do to help a child make a friend?
- how can I build sound relationships with parents, especially at times of conflict?
- is this child’s difficulty being met by the nursery, or do we need expert help?
Examples in this book are taken from a variety of real-life nursery practices and the case studies provide interesting and thought-provoking scenarios. Books in this series address key issues for Early Years practitioners working in today’s nursery and school environments.
Title: Understanding Children's Development in the Early Years
Author: Christine MacIntyre
More Social Science
Angels in America: A Gay Fantasia on National Themes 2014 US$ 16.99 361 pages
When Breath Becomes Air 2016 US$ 12.99 240 pages