Hospital Social Work: The Interface of Medicine and Caring
The Interface of Medicine and Caring
Hospital Social Work introduces the reader to the world of medicine and social work as seen through the eyes of actual social workers. An essential reference for both students and professionals.
Over 100 social workers in dozens of hospitals were interviewed to provide the reader with first-hand experiences and discussions of practice principles, policy considerations, and theoretical treatments to provide each chapter with a unique blend of theory and practice.
Joan Beder, a professor of social work and a practicing social worker, recently noted an apparent lack of empirical discussion of the actual role and day-to-day functioning of the medical social worker. Hospital Social Work is the result, a unique supplemental text for both studying and practicing medical social workers.
208 pages; ISBN 9781135421311
, or download in or
Title: Hospital Social Work: The Interface of Medicine and Caring
Author: Joan Beder
More Social Science
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down 1998 US$ 9.99 339 pages
The Corner 2013 US$ 12.99 576 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology > Crimes and criminal classes
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Free professional services Including medical charities
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Counseling
- Medicine > Health Care Delivery
- Social Science > Social Work