The Pocket Lawyer for Filmmakers
A Legal Toolkit for Independent Producers
* How can you use a state's film tax credits to fund your film? SEE PAGE 63.
* You have an idea you want to pitch to a production company; how do you safeguard your concept? SEE PAGE 77.
* How can you fund your production with product placement? SEE PAGE 157.
* How do you get a script to popular Hollywood actors and deal with their agents? SEE PAGE 222.
Find quick answers to these and hundreds of other questions in this new edition of The Pocket Lawyer for Filmmakers. This no-nonsense reference provides fast answers in plain English-no law degree required! Arm yourself with the practical advice of author Thomas Crowell, a TV-producer-turned-entertainment-lawyer.
This new edition features:
* New sections on product placement, film tax credits and production incentive financing, Letters of Intent, and DIY distribution (four-walling, YouTube, Download-to-own, Amazon.com, iTunes, and Netflix)
* Updated case law
* Even more charts and graphics to help you find the information you need even more quickly.
This book is the next best thing to having an entertainment attorney on retainer!
368 pages; ISBN 9781136067495
, or download in or
Title: The Pocket Lawyer for Filmmakers
Author: Thomas A. Crowell
The Principal's Quick-Reference Guide to School Law 2014 US$ 45.95 433 pages
America's Bitter Pill 2015 US$ 12.99 384 pages