Learn Basic Sight Words - Book 1
This book uses large and small motor activities and sentence reading and writing activities with contextual clues to introduce 24 basic sight words. The activities used repeat for each word so that independence is quickly achieved and students can complete the activity on their own as a follow-up activity to instruction.
Activities for each word are:
• tracing over a large model of the word
• copying over the word and writing it independently
• cutting out the muddled letters of the word and sticking them in the correct order
• selecting the correct word from a selection of words
• completing a sentence (use basic vocab and picture clues for understanding) with the word and reading the sentences.
• cutting out the muddled words of one of the sentences and putting it together in the correct order.
Ideal for building into a book which the children can keep and read and re read and take home to share. The importance of being able to retain and instantly recognize the basic sight words to a good start in reading can not be overstated. This resource will supplement classroom teaching and develop independence and success.
62 pages; ISBN 9781877395215
, or download in
Title: Learn Basic Sight Words - Book 1
Author: Dayle Smith; Jane Beals
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition 2005 US$ 32.95 383 pages
RESULTS Coaching 2010 US$ 34.95 265 pages