Learn Basic Sight Words - Book 2
Book 1 was so popular we have added another book to this series. Book 2 introduces a further 21 basic sight words at the next degree of difficulty to the 24 introduced in Book 1. Book 2 follows the same sequence of activities as Book 1 using large and small motor activities and sentence reading and writing activities with contextual clues to introduce each word. The activities used repeat for each word so that independence is quickly achieved and students can complete the activity on their own as a follow-up activity to instruction.
Activities for each word are:
- tracing over a large model of the word
- copying over the word and writing it independently
- cutting out the muddled letters of the word and sticking them in the correct order
- selecting the correct word from a selection of words
- completing a sentence (use basic vocab and picture clues for understanding) with the word and reading the sentences.
- cutting out the muddled words of one of the sentences and putting it together in the correct order.
These activities are ideal for building into a book that the children can keep and read and re read and take home to share. The importance of being able to retain and instantly recognize the basic sight words to a good start in reading cannot be overstated. This resource will supplement classroom teaching and develop independence and success.
62 pages; ISBN 9781877395291
, or download in
Title: Learn Basic Sight Words - Book 2
Author: Dayle Smith