Getting Started In Reading

Getting Started In Reading by Ruth Mitchell
Getting Started in Reading
This resource provides a sequence of lessons that a teacher can use to assist students learn and retain the first 20 most basic sight words that many find difficult to remember. Excellent for all young learners but particularly useful for:
• students who have made limited progress in the first year at school
• students who are non-english speaking
• students with a short attention span.

The 20 basic sight words are divided into 4 graded groups and exercises practice and repractice the words in each group. The exercises cover a range of modes and include active learning methods (games etc) to give students frequent exposure to the words so that they begin to recognize these very important words instantly. Words are used in simple sentences as much as possible using vocab and picture clues to ensure students can read them successfully.

Extensive teacher notes are included to assist the teacher implement this program in their classroom with groups or individuals or on a one-to-one remedial basis. Developed by the author from extensive work in this area with a variety of children this program is a lifesaver for teachers of young students in the important early reading years or older students experiencing learning difficulties. Moving On With Reading is the second book in the series and covers the next 100 basic sight words in a similar way.

Curriculum Concepts; May 2007
Title: Getting Started In Reading
Author: Ruth Mitchell

Buy, download and read Getting Started In Reading (eBook) by Ruth Mitchell today!