Moving On With Reading

Moving On With Reading by Ruth Mitchell
Moving On With Reading
This resource provides a sequence of lessons that a teacher can use to assist students learn and retain 100 basic sight words that many find difficult to remember. This resource follows on from Getting Started In Reading where the first 20 most basic sight words are covered. Excellent for all young learners but particularly useful for:
? students who have made limited progress in the first year at school
? students who are non-english speaking
? students with a short attention span.

The 100 basic sight words are divided into 10 graded groups and exercises practice and repractice the words in each group. The exercises cover a range of modes and include active learning methods (games etc) to give students frequent exposure to the words so that they begin to recognize these very important words instantly. The words are used in short paragraphs and build gradually into short stories using vocab and picture clues to ensure students can read them successfully and some of the exercises have a reading comprehension component.

Extensive teacher notes are included to assist the teacher implement this program in their classroom with groups or individuals or on a one-to-one remedial basis. Developed by the author from extensive work in this area with a variety of children this program is a lifesaver for teachers of young students in the important early reading years or older students experiencing learning difficulties.

Curriculum Concepts; May 2007
Title: Moving On With Reading
Author: Ruth Mitchell

Buy, download and read Moving On With Reading (eBook) by Ruth Mitchell today!