The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Edward Teller Lectures
Lasers And Inertial Fusion Energy
For the first time, laser technology of the new century is providing the very short and extremely intense energetic pulses needed for fusion energy from next generation power stations, which produce energy at several times lower cost than any other source. The long-sought dream to directly ignite frozen heavy hydrogen for controlled use is close to being realized. Years of research on plasmas and lasers carried out worldwide in highly sophisticated experiments is summarized. The coverage begins with the work of John Nuckolls and Nobel Laureate Nikolai Basov and leads to the new scheme of plasma block acceleration via the nonlinear ponderomotive force. Edward Teller Lectures is one of the first guides to these new developments.
379 pages; ISBN 9781860947278
, or download in
- Academic > Physics > Nuclear and particle physics > Controlled fusion
- Academic > Physics > Nuclear and particle physics > Nuclear fusion
- Academic > Physics > Nuclear and particle physics > Inertial confinement fusion
- Academic > Physics > Physics; History
- Science > Physics
- Science > Nuclear Physics
- The Environment