You don't do stuff like this to cut corners. You do it because you want what you want?and because it's fun. And a personalized MythTV is so much more than a PVR. You can combine HDTV, DVD, all kinds of music, radio, photos, even a plug-in videophone module. All you need is a little Linux know-how, assorted software components and plug-ins, an adventurous nature, and this book to tell you how it all goes together. Voil?he entertainment hub of your dreams.
Learn to do all this and much more:
- Choose HD capture cards and sound drivers.
- Install and configure MythTV.
- Build your program guides.
- Use xine to add DVD menu support.
- Pass raw digital streams to an external decoder.
- Do cool things with your remote control.
- Hack your own themes.
- Export MythTV .nuv recordings to other formats.
A companion Web site provides even more of the know-how you need.
Visit www.wiley.com/go/extremetech for links, updates, news about recent developments in MythTV, and resources shared by other readers like you.
435 pages; ISBN 9780470097885
, or download in
Title: Hacking MythTV
Author: Jarod Wilson; Ed Tittel; Matthew Wright; Justin Korelc
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic digital computers
- Academic > Computer Science > Multimedia systems
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Hardware > Handheld Computing
- Computers > Interactive Media
- Technology > Television & Video