The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Financing Water and Environment Infrastructure
The Case of Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Central Asia
Eastern European, Caucasus and Central Asian (EECCA) countries are at an environmental crossroad. The current environmental situation is dire and challenges are mounting, but there are also new opportunities. EECCA countries need to set clear priorities and targets to guide both their own action programmes and multi-stakeholder partnerships. Knowledge transfer and institutional development are required to facilitate policy reform, and to tackle strategic and operational bottlenecks, including much needed investments in environmental infrastructure and modern technologies. This report explains the environmental challenges that these transition economies face, and assesses the financial tools and resources available to tackle them.
The publication of this report is part of the OECD programme of work with non-member economies, in the context of the Task Force for the Implementation of the Environmental Action Plan for Central and Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Central Asia (EAP Task Force). It is directly related to a series of projects on environmental finance in transition economies, which was initiated in 1993 and that has focused on EECCA since 1998.
145 pages; ISBN 9789264036079
, or download in
More from this author
The Feynman Lectures on Physics, Desktop Edition Volume I 2013 US$ 40.00 536 pages
Quantum Mechanics 2014 US$ 26.99 385 pages
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Environmental policy > Environmental policy; Europe
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Environmental policy > Environmental policy; Europe, Eastern
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Periodicals and societies
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Environmental policy
- Academic > Geography > Environmental sciences > Environmental policy
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Societies, etc
- Science > Environmental Science
- The Environment