for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...

Writing Reaction Mechanisms in Organic Chemistry

This book is a guide to charting the movements of electrons and atoms during the reactions of organic molecules. It offers detailed instructions on writing mechanisms in organic chemistry. This is useful because practicing chemists increasingly use mechanisms to explain their results and to design new experiments and processes. When the material covered in organic chemistry is presented as functional group transformations and synthetic methods, it is frequently seen by students as an overwhelming quantity of information. This book is very useful pedagogically since it offers the student another framework for organizing the material, providing a method of synthesizing and digesting it into a set of general principles and guidelines for determining and writing mechanisms.

* Essential for those students who need to have mechanisms explained in greater detail than most organic chemistry textbooks provide.
* Illustrated with hundreds of chemical structures
* Extensively rewritten and reorganized to make the presentation and format even easier for students to use
* Contains many problem sets and answers to all problems to help students work through general principles and applications
* Appendixes have been added to this edition that contain easily referenced information on Lewis structures, symbols for chemical notation, and the relative acidities of common substances
Elsevier Science; November 1999