The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Encyclopedia of Pest Management, Volume II
With contributions from more than 200 esteemed international authorities and containing approximately 200 entries, the Encyclopedia of Pest Management, Volume II is a key reference for professionals in academia, industry, and government, as well as students at all levels. Containing completely new entries, this volume is designed to be regularly consulted for immediate and precise information. Contributions address a wide spectrum of scientific and human topics, concepts, methodologies, strategies, solutions, questions, and dilemmas. It provides numerous references, giving you access to additional, more detailed information.
- Principles of integrated pest management (IPM)
- Pests and their management in crops and livestock
- Insect pests
- Weed pests
- Plant pathogens
- Vertebrate pests
- Crop, livestock, and stored-food losses
- Biological, cultural, and mechanical pest control
- Pest control through breeding and bio- and gene-technology
- Pesticides: types and uses
- Pesticide and biocide application technology
- Pesticide laws and regulations
- Water and soil pollution from pesticide use
- Ecological backlash
- Environmental impacts of pesticides and biocides
- Human health impacts and the costs of pesticide use
- Pest management and sustainable agriculture
- Social, ethical, and economic aspects, issues and debates
- Biochemical, ecological, behavioral, environmental, climatic interactions
The encyclopedia focuses on the ecology and management of pest species that damage or destroy food, livestock, and forest products. All articles have been peer reviewed to assure their accuracy and objectivity. The articles assess the benefits and risks of various pest-management technologies. The use of pesticides as well as nonchemical controls are included, with every effort made to use quantitative data.
Contact us to inquire about subscription options and print/online combination packages.
US: (Tel) 1.888.318.2367 / (email) email@example.com
International: (Tel) +44 (0) 20 7017 6062 / (email) firstname.lastname@example.org
783 pages; ISBN 9781420068467
, or download in