The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Dictionary of Earth Science
Derived from the world-renowned McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, this vital reference offers a wealth of essential information in a portable, convenient, quick-find format. Whether you’re a professional, a student, a writer, or a general reader with an interest in science, there is no better or more authoritative way to stay up-to-speed with the current language of earth science or gain an understanding of its key ideas and concepts.
Written in clear, simple language understandable to the general reader, yet in-depth enough for scientists, educators, and advanced students, The McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Earth Science, Second Edition:
* Has been extensively revised, with 11,000 entries that fully define the language of the earth sciences
* Includes synonyms, acronyms, and abbreviations
* Provides pronunciations for all terms
* Covers such topics as geology, geochemistry, geography, geodesy, geophysics, hydrology, oceanography, meteorology, and climatology
* Includes an appendix containing tables of useful data and information
* Is based on the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms – for more than a quarter-of-a-century THE standard international reference
Carefully reviewed for clarity, completeness, and accuracy, the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Earth Science, Second Edition, offers a standard of excellence unmatched by any similar publication.
480 pages; ISBN 9780071417983
, or download in
The Holy Bible 1900 US$ 4.95 4313 pages
On Writing Well, 30th Anniversary Edition 2012 US$ 11.49 336 pages