Math Word Problems Demystified
Now anyone, even those whose palms begin to sweat at the first sight of math problems that begin "A train left the station going 65 mph..." can overcome anxiety and learn to solve word problems. In Math Word Problems Demystified, experienced math instructor Allan G. Bluman provides an effective, tension-free, approach to conquering the word problems on the SATs and many other standardized tests, in algebra, and in other mathematics and science classes.
With Math Word Problems Demystified, you master the subject one simple step at a time -- at your own speed. This unique self-teaching guide offers practice problems, a quiz at the end of each chapter to pinpoint weaknesses, and a 40 question final exam to reinforce the methods and material presented in the book.
If you want to master math word problems, here's the self-teaching course that will get it done. Get ready to --
- Transform word problems into solvable equations
- Master a 4-step strategy that empowers you to understand and solve the most common word problems
- Conquer word problems involving distances, mixtures, levers, finance, work, speed, percents, coins, ages, and more
- Obtain the right answers using formulas and proportions
- Score better on science and math exams as well as standardized tests
A fast, effective, and fun way to master word problems, Math Word Problems Demystified is the perfect shortcut to gain the confidence and develop the necessary skills to solve these tough test questions.
308 pages; ISBN 9780071471152
, or download in or
Title: Math Word Problems Demystified
Author: Allan Bluman
- Academic > Mathematics > Algebra > Algebra Examinations
- Academic > Mathematics > Tables > Problem solving
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Vinogradov, Ivan Matveevich, 1891-
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics; Periodicals
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Mathematics > Algebra