The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Personal Computing Demystified
The fast and easy way to understanding the fundamentals of personal computing
Whether you’re just getting started or you’ve been using PCs for a while, this informative book shows you what you need to know to enjoy many new and exciting adventures in personal computing. First, it covers the elements of personal computing--hardware, software, and the Internet--and then it shows you how to use them to get the absolute most from your personal computing experience. Succinct and easy-to-understand explanations answer all your questions so you can make your PC the powerhouse tool you know it can be. Learn about a wide variety of software that can help you with the chores of life, or turn your PC into a home entertainment center. Get tips for enjoying the wealth of resources and services on the Internet. Find out all about home networking, telecommuting, gaming, digital imagery, and many other aspects of personal computing. Filled with expert instruction, tips, hints, and recommendations for both novice and seasoned PC users, Personal Computing Demystified is your shortcut to mastering personal computing.
This all-in-one book explains how to:
- Be an intelligent consumer of PCs and related products
- Navigate in the Windows world confidently
- Build a software portfolio for all of your personal computing tasks
- Protect yourself, your family, and your PCs from Internet intruders
- Maintain your PC at peak performance levels
- Set up a world-class home office on a budget
Dr. Larry Long, author of more than 50 computer books, has enjoyed personal computing since the birth of PCs.
354 pages; ISBN 9780071469982
, or download in
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Microcomputers; History
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic digital computers
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology