Now anyone can grasp Einstein's great theory of relativity -- without formal training, unlimited time, or a genius IQ. In Relativity Demystified, theoretical physicists (and student-savvy authors) David McMahon and Paul Ansing provide an effective, illuminating, and entertaining way to learn the essentials and formulas of Einstein's theories.
With Relativity Demystified, you master the subject one step at a time—at your own speed. This unique self-teaching guide offers problems at the end of each chapter and part to pinpoint weaknesses, and a 100-question final exam to reinforce the entire book.
This fast and entertaining self-teaching course makes it much easier to:
- Master theoretical physics at your own pace
- Learn the formulas and principles of special and general relativity from hundreds of worked examples
- Use practical mathematical tools for solving relativity problems
- Receive layperson's explanations for Schwarzhild spacetimes, black holes, gravitational radiation, and actual current research
- Perform better in one of the scariest courses of all
- Take a final exam and grade it yourself!
Simple enough for beginners but challenging enough for those who already know something about relativity, Relativity Demystified is the best self-teaching tool or brush-up you can find!
344 pages; ISBN 9780071486736
, or download in or
Title: Relativity Demystified
Author: David McMahon; Paul Alsing
- Academic > Physics > Atomic physics > Solids
- Academic > Physics > Atomic physics > Relativity (Physics)
- Academic > Physics > Atomic physics > Relativity (Physics); Popular works
- Academic > Physics > Physics; Abstracts; Periodicals
- Academic > Physics > Physics; Early works to 1800
- Science > Physics
- Technology > Engineering