The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
How to Build a Digital Library
Given modern society's need to control its ever-increasing body of information, digital libraries will be among the most important and influential institutions of this century. With their versatility, accessibility, and economy, these focused collections of everything digital are fast becoming the "banks" in which the world's wealth of information is stored.
How to Build a Digital Library is the only book that offers all the knowledge and tools needed to construct and maintain a digital library-no matter how large or small. Two internationally recognized experts provide a fully developed, step-by-step method, as well as the software that makes it all possible. How to Build a Digital Library is the perfectly self-contained resource for individuals, agencies, and institutions wishing to put this powerful tool to work in their burgeoning information treasuries.
* Sketches the history of libraries-both traditional and digital-and their impact on present practices and future directions
* Offers in-depth coverage of today's practical standards used to represent and store information digitally
* Uses Greenstone, freely accessible open-source software-available with interfaces in the world's major languages (including Spanish, Chinese, and Arabic)
* Written for both technical and non-technical audiences
* Web-enhanced with software documentation, color illustrations, full-text index, source code, and more
553 pages; ISBN 9780080508252
, or download in
Programming with Mathematica®: An Introduction 2013 US$ 76.00 732 pages
Head First C# 2010 US$ 39.99 840 pages
- Academic > Library and Museum Studies > Library Studies > Library science. Information science > Reproduction of library materials. Storage media of library materials
- Computers > Programming > Software Development
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Library & Information Science
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Communication
- Computers > Internet
- Computers > Information Storage & Retrieval
- Computers > Information Technology
- Computers > Interactive Media
- Computers > Database Management