From Novice to Professional
Beginning Ruby is a thoroughly contemporary guide to this powerful object-oriented language. It’s one of the only guides aimed at both the novice programmer as well as experienced developers who are new to Ruby. All competing books that focus on Ruby are at least 4 years old. The book starts by explaining the principles behind object oriented programming and within a few chapters builds towards creating a genuine Ruby application. The book then explains key Ruby principles, such as classes and objects; projects, modules and libraries; and other aspects of Ruby such as database access.
In addition, Ruby on Rails is covered in some depth and the book’s appendixes provide essential and long-lasting reference information.
655 pages; ISBN 9781430203643
, or download in
Title: Beginning Ruby
Author: Kenneth Cooper
Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Fourth Edition 2015 US$ 79.95 1283 pages
Programming in Haskell 2007 US$ 52.00 185 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer programming
- Academic > Computer Science > Object-oriented programming
- Academic > Mathematics
- Computers > Programming > Software Development
- Computers > Programming Languages