Case Studies in Spatial Point Process Modeling
Point process statistics is successfully used in fields such as material science, human epidemiology, social sciences, animal epidemiology, biology, and seismology. Its further application depends greatly on good software and instructive case studies that show the way to successful work. This book satisfies this need by a presentation of the spatstat package and many statistical examples.
Researchers, spatial statisticians and scientists from biology, geosciences, materials sciences and other fields will use this book as a helpful guide to the application of point process statistics. No other book presents so many well-founded point process case studies.
From the reviews:
"For those interested in analyzing their spatial data, the wide variatey of examples and approaches here give a good idea of the possibilities and suggest reasonable paths to explore." Michael Sherman for the Journal of the American Statistical Association, December 2006
320 pages; ISBN 9780387311449
, or download in
Title: Case Studies in Spatial Point Process Modeling
Author: Adrian Baddeley; Pablo Gregori; Jorge Mateu Mahiques; Radu Stoica; Dietrich Stoyan
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Stochastic processes
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Gaussian processes
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Point processes
- Academic > Mathematics > General
- Mathematics > Probability & Statistics
- Science > Earth Sciences