The European Union's Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS)
The European Union's Eco-Management and Audit Scheme, or EMAS, has been in existence since 1995, with over 3,000 sites registered to the Scheme. However, even to the present day, there exist very few texts which address the specific requirements of the standard and provide "real world" examples of the practical considerations companies and sites must contend with in order to successfully earn registration to the Scheme. No author has synthesized the controversies, debates, developments and amendments which have surrounded and impacted this often controversial Scheme, until now.
This text definitively breaks down each component of the EMAS regulation, including the appendices and applicable EU guidance documents on the topic, providing a step-by-step analysis of the Scheme. In addition, the work provides examples of three of Akzo Nobel Incorporated's manufacturing locations which have been registered to EMAS, providing examples of how to meet the requirements of the Scheme.
284 pages; ISBN 9781402034923
, or download in
Title: The European Union's Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS)
Author: Michael S. Wenk
A Gentle Introduction to Optimization 2014 US$ 32.00 284 pages
Alan M. Turing 2012 US$ 13.00 210 pages
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Periodicals and societies
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Environmental policy
- Academic > Geography > Environmental sciences > Environmental policy
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Societies, etc
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Environmental policy