Mathematical Approaches to Software Quality
This book provides a comprehensive introduction to various mathematical approaches to achieving high-quality software. An introduction to mathematics that is essential for sound software engineering is provided as well as a discussion of various mathematical methods that are used both in academia and industry.
The mathematical approaches considered include:
- Z specification language
- Vienna Development Methods (VDM)
- Irish school of VDM (VDM)
- approach of Dijkstra and Hoare
- classical engineering approach of Parnas
- Cleanroom approach developed at IBM
- software reliability, and
- unified modelling language (UML).
Additionally, technology transfer of the mathematical methods to industry is considered.
The book explains the main features of these approaches and applies mathematical methods to solve practical problems. Written with both student and professional in mind, this book assists the reader in applying mathematical methods to solve practical problems that are relevant to software engineers.
242 pages; ISBN 9781846284359
, or download in
Title: Mathematical Approaches to Software Quality
Author: Gerard O'Regan
CompTIA Network+ Study Guide 2015 US$ 49.99 960 pages
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Mastering HTML5 Forms 2013 US$ 17.99 148 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Computer software; Quality control
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Programming > Software Development
- Computers > Mathematical & Statistical Software
- Computers > Data Processing