The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Leadership Lessons From a Chef
Finding Time to Be Great
?Chef John Folse, CEC, AAC
"From time to time, I buy motivational books for my managing partners and chefs, and this book is my all-time favorite gift. What Chef Carroll has to say is the real thing."
?Johnny Carrabba, founder, Carrabba's Restaurant
A unique guide to leadership in the culinary arena, by a chef for chefs
Leadership Lessons from a Chef is about creating excellence in the professional kitchen. Here the difference between good and great comes down to the details, and attention to these details comes from the right attitude reaching across all staff. A good culinary manager, according to author and award-winning Certified Executive Chef Charles Carroll, skillfully cultivates this attitude for success, and so leads the way toward kitchen excellence.
Using stories and examples drawn from his many years' experience, Chef Carroll gives you a leader's tour through the working kitchen. Offering proven wisdom in plainspoken terms instead of abstract management theories, the practical tools and ideas found in this groundbreaking book can be used immediately to motivate and develop an effective team environment among kitchen staffs.
Leadership Lessons from a Chef features:
- Chef Carroll's formula for managing kitchen staffs?SEF: Scheduling, Empowering, and Follow up?and how the formula works in practice
- Take-away boxes that reinforce key points
- Chapters that progress logically, helping you evaluate and refine your goals, develop a mission and principles, and implement these in a motivational and positive way
- Helpful forms for both greater efficiency and esprit de corps
- Inspiring quotations, as well as life and work tips from Chef Carroll
194 pages; ISBN 9780470147948
, or download in
The Five Most Important Questions You Will Ever Ask About Your Organization 2008 US$ 14.95 144 pages
Business Adventures 2014 US$ 14.99 400 pages
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Food service > Food service; Vocational guidance; United States
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Restaurants > Restaurant management
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Hospitality industry
- Academic > Family and Consumer Sciences > Hospitality industry
- Business > Industries > Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Business > Management
- Business > Leadership
- Food and Wine