Corporate Environmental Management
Providing an authoritative guideto managers responsible for their corporation’s environmental performance, Corporate Environmental Management details how to effectively develop, implement, and assess a sophisticated corporate environmental management program.
The author, drawing upon his extensive experience as both a licensed professional engineer and certified public accountant, examines the major issues that managers encounter during the course of developing a program. He employs an approach that is readily familiar to readers with a business background, using graphical aids to quickly and clearly illustrate each point. In the first part of the book, he discusses assessment, while in the second part he provides technical details regarding management and investment concerns. As such, the book offers insight into how to measure the effectiveness of corporate environmental programs and covers the array of EPA and international environmental initiatives
This thorough reference also delves into specialty areas such as EPA, RCRA, CERCLA, Clean Air, and Clean Water Acts. In addition, it covers risk management, health and safety, and emergency management issues, and discusses evolving international trading criteria and international initiatives such as sustainable development reporting and international standards.
While it may seem daunting for managers to navigate through the numerous environmental concerns that face them, Corporate Environmental Management can help guide them toward the successful completion of the development, implementation, and assessment process.
224 pages; ISBN 9781420055474
, or download in
Title: Corporate Environmental Management
Author: John Darabaris
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Environmental management > Environmental management, general
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Communication in environmental sciences
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Environmental management
- Academic > Geography > Environmental sciences > Environmental management
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Information services
- Science > Ecology
- Law > Environmental
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology
- Business > Environmental Economics