The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Water Supply Systems Security
Written by a team of experts, this is the first book to provide comprehensive, state-of-the-art coverage of the safety and security of water supply systems. This unique and authoritative compendium presents detailed coverage of the major infrastructure issues in water system security. Topics range from vulnerability assessment to safeguards against cyber threats to hydraulic network analysis for contamination response. Each chapter provides professional guidance on designing, operating, maintaining, and rehabilitating water systems to ensure state-of-the-art and security.
* Overview of methodologies for reliability analysis and assessment of vulnerability to terrorist attack and for emergency response planning.
* Monitoring and modeling methods for early warning systems that enhance security
* Specialized remote monitoring equipment, networks, and optimal location of control and isolation valves
* Organizational frameworks and procedures for improving the security and safety of water supply systems
* Options for emergency preparedness, including water supply for nonconventional times and contamination responses
* Case studies from the field: a reconstruction of historical contamination events
* Security hardware and surveillance systems
464 pages; ISBN 9780071501330
, or download in or
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water distribution systems
- Academic > Engineering > Building construction > Protection of buildings, Including protection from dampness, fire, burglary
- Academic > Engineering > Environmental technology > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes
- Technology > Engineering > Civil
- Science > Environmental Science
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology