The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Supervision in Art Psychotherapy
A Theoretical and Practical Handbook
Supervision of Art Psychotherapy will be an inspiration for advanced practitioners and students in training. It is the first book to formulate a unique theoretical base to current practice in art psychotherapy supervision. A central theme is the nature of the image in supervision, defining its difference from other forms of supervision in the mental health professions. Clinical practice is brought to life through vivid vignettes from diverse settings with a variety of client groups.
- part I establishes a theoretical base, introducing innovations in practice and addressing complex clinical issues in child and adult work. Topics include the narrative of imagery in supervision, enchantment, ambivalence, a topographical approach, engagement in supervision, and working with the network in art psychotherapy with children
- part II focuses on supervision in groups addressing training, difference and peer group image consultation, as well as supervision of experienced practitioners
- part III explores theory related to purposes and challenges in supervision and research.
A vital contribution to the literature in the context of Continuing Professional Development, this volume establishes the image as central in the supervision of art psychotherapists. It brings the experience of the artist in the psychotherapist into the frame, provoking questions about the meaning of images and image making in supervision.
256 pages; ISBN 9781134130580
, or download in or
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry > Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system > Psychiatry > Therapeutics. Psychotherapy
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Counseling
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Creative Ability
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Mental Health