The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The Television Handbook
Updated to include information and discussion on new technologies and new critical ideas, Jonathon Bignell and Jeremy Orlebar present this excellent critical introduction to the practice and theory of television, which relates media studies theories and critical approaches to practical television programme making.
Featuring advice on many aspects of programme making, from initial ideas to post-production processes, and includes profiles to give insight into how people in the industry, from graduates to executives, think about their work.
With debates on what is meant by ‘quality’ television, key discussions include:
- the state of television today
- how television in made and how production is organized
- how new technology and the changing structure of the television industry will lead the medium in new directions
- the rise of new formats such as Reality TV
- how drama, sport and music television can be understood.
8 pages; ISBN 9781134292776
, or download in
More from this author
More Performing Arts
- Academic > Performing Arts > Motion Pictures > Broadcasting > Television broadcasts
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > General works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > Special topics
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Current Events > Mass Media
- Performing Arts > Television