Supporting Black Pupils and Parents
Understanding and Improving Home-school Relations
This topical text offers a detailed look at five key organisations that exist to support black parents. It examines their home-school interventions and discusses the central issues arising out of their efforts. The fascinating evidence offers fresh perspectives and provides much needed advice and guidance to all those seeking to improve co-operation between black families, schools and communities - all who share the goal of supporting the learning and attainment of the black child.
Any education professional, student teacher, staff at an LEA, and anyone with a serious interest in race issues is sure to find this essential reading.
192 pages; ISBN 9781134297535
, or download in
Title: Supporting Black Pupils and Parents
Author: Lorna Cork
More Social Science
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education of special classes of persons > Blacks. African Americans
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Moral education. Character building
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Forms of education > Self-education. Self-culture
- Education > Students & Student Life
- Social Science > Ethnic Studies