The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Indigenous sovereignty matters
In Sovereign Subjects some of Indigenous Australia's emerging and well-known critical thinkers examine the implications for Indigenous people of continuing to live in a state founded on invasion. They show how for Indigenous people, self-determination, welfare dependency, representation, cultural maintenance, history writing, reconciliation, land ownership and justice are all inextricably linked to the original act of dispossession by white settlers and the ongoing loss of sovereignty.
At a time when the old left political agenda has run its course, and the new right is looking increasingly morally bankrupt, Sovereign Subjects sets a new rights agenda for Indigenous politics and Indigenous studies.
256 pages; ISBN 9781741157017
, or download in
More from this author
More Social Science
- Academic > Anthropology > Ethnology. Social and cultural anthropology > Ethnic groups and races > By region or country
- Academic > History > History of Oceania (South Seas) > Australia > Ethnography
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Science > Geography
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security
- Social Science > Special Groups