The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Long Wave Polar Modes in Semiconductor Heterostructures
The main focus of Long Wave Polar Modes in Semiconductor Heterostructures is planar heterostructures (quantum wells or barriers, superlattices, double barrier structures etc) but there is also discussion on the growing field of quantum wires and dots. Also to allow anyone reading the book to apply the techniques discussed for planar heterostructures, the scope has been widened to include cylindrical and spherical geometries.
The book is intended as an introductory text which guides the reader through basic questions and expands to cover state-of-the-art professional topics. The book is relevant to experimentalists wanting an instructive presentation of a simple phenomenological model and theoretical tools to work with and also to young theoreticians by providing discussion of basic issues and the basis of advanced theoretical formulations. The book also provides a brief respite on the physics of piezoelectric waves as a coupling to polar optical modes.
179 pages; ISBN 9780080535609
, or download in
The Ice Palace That Melted Away 2013 US$ 14.99 192 pages
The Future of the Mind 2014 US$ 12.99 352 pages
- Academic > Physics > Electricity and magnetism > Semiconductors
- Academic > Physics > Electricity and magnetism > Semiconductors; Optical properties
- Academic > Physics > General > Physics; Tables
- Academic > Physics > Electricity
- Academic > Physics > Physics; Philosophy
- Technology > Electronics > Circuits
- Science > Physics
- Technology > Optics
- Technology > Material Science