The Quantum Structure Of Space And Time
Proceedings of the 23rd Solvay Conference on Physics
These proceedings give a broad overview with unique insight into the most fundamental issues raised by this challenge for 21st century physics, by distinguished renowned scientists. The contributions cover: the status of quantum mechanics, spacetime singularities and breakdown of classical space and time, mathematical structures underlying the most promising attempts under current development, spacetime as an emergent concept, as well as cosmology and the cosmological constant puzzle. A historical overview of the Solvay conferences by historian of sciences Peter Galison opens the volume.
In the Solvay tradition, the volume also includes the discussions among the participants many of which were quite lively and illustrate dramatically divergent points of view carefully edited and reproduced in full.
295 pages; ISBN 9789812706768
, or download in
Title: The Quantum Structure Of Space And Time
Author: David Gross; Marc Henneaux; Alexander Sevrin
- Academic > Physics > Atomic physics > Solids
- Academic > Physics > Atomic physics > Relativity (Physics)
- Academic > Physics > Atomic physics > Space and time
- Academic > Space Sciences > Astrophysics
- Academic > Physics > Physics; Abstracts; Periodicals
- Academic > Physics > Physics; Early works to 1800
- Science > Physics
- Science > Quantum Theory