An Historical Perspective
This book contains an in-depth study of the history of rheology, beginning with the statements of Heraclitus, Confucius and the prophetess Deborah. It also emphasises the distinctive contributions of Newton, Hooke, Boltzmann, Maxwell, Kelvin and others, and culminates in the flourishing activity in the second half of this century.
Features of this book:
• Is the only book on the subject
• Prevents the rediscovery of results already made
• Will educate newcomers to the field to the rich heritage in even a relatively recent science like rheology.
The book will be invaluable for science and scientific history libraries and will also be of interest to rheologists, and scientists working in the polymer processing, food, lubrication, detergent and similar industries.
, or download in or
Author: R.I. Tanner; K. Walters
Commercializing Successful Biomedical Technologies 2008 US$ 44.00 361 pages
Electronics All-in-One For Dummies 2013 US$ 31.99 843 pages
- Academic > Physics > Atomic physics > Viscosity
- Academic > Physics > Atomic physics > Rheology
- Academic > Physics > Physics; Abstracts; Periodicals
- Technology > Engineering > Chemical & Biochemical
- Technology > Engineering > Mechanical
- Technology > Engineering > Industrial
- Science > Chemistry > Physical & Theoretical
- Science > Mechanics
- Technology > Electronics