The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Metal Surface Electron Physics
The book consists of three parts. The first part is devoted to classical description of geometry and structure of metal crystals and their surfaces and surface thermodynamics including properties of small metallic particles. Part two deals with quantum-mechanical description of electronic properties of simple metals. It starts from the free electron gas description and introduces the many body effects in the framework of the density functional theory, in order to discuss the basic surface electronic properties of simple metals. This part outlines also properties of alloy surfaces, the quantum size effect and small metal clusters. Part three gives a succinct description of metal surfaces in contact with foreign atoms and surfaces. It treats the work function changes due to alkali metal adsorption on metals, adhesion between metals and discusses the universal aspects of the binding energy curves. In each case extensive reference lists are provided.
, or download in or
Title: Metal Surface Electron Physics
Author: A. Kiejna; K.F. Wojciechowski
- Academic > Physics > Atomic physics > Solids
- Academic > Physics > Atomic physics > Surfaces (Physics)
- Academic > Physics > Physics; Abstracts; Periodicals
- Academic > Physics > Physics; Early works to 1800
- Technology > Engineering > Mechanical
- Science > Solid State Physics
- Technology > Metallurgy
- Technology > Material Science