A Student Guide to Object-Oriented Development

A Student Guide to Object-Oriented Development by Carol Britton

A Student Guide to Object-Oriented Development is an introductory text that follows the software development process, from requirements capture to implementation, using an object-oriented approach. The book uses object-oriented techniques to present a practical viewpoint on developing software, providing the reader with a basic understanding of object-oriented concepts by developing the subject in an uncomplicated and easy-to-follow manner. It is based on a main worked case study for teaching purposes, plus others with password-protected answers on the web for use in coursework or exams. Readers can benefit from the authors' years of teaching experience.

The book outlines standard object-oriented modelling techniques and illustrates them with a variety of examples and exercises, using UML as the modelling language and Java as the language of implementation. It adopts a simple, step by step approach to object-oriented development, and includes case studies, examples, and exercises with solutions to consolidate learning. There are 13 chapters covering a variety of topics such as sequence and collaboration diagrams; state diagrams; activity diagrams; and implementation diagrams.

This book is an ideal reference for students taking undergraduate introductory/intermediate computing and information systems courses, as well as business studies courses and conversion masters' programmes.

• Adopts a simple, step by step approach to object-oriented development
  • Includes case studies, examples, and exercises with solutions to consolidate learning
  • Benefit from the authors' years of teaching experience
Elsevier Science; August 2004
Title: A Student Guide to Object-Oriented Development
Author: Carol Britton; Jill Doake