The Art and Science of Teaching
A Comprehensive Framework for Effective Instruction
1.What will I do to establish and communicate learning goals, track student progress, and celebrate success?
2. What will I do to help students effectively interact with new knowledge?
3. What will I do to help students practice and deepen their understanding of new knowledge?
4. What will I do to help students generate and test hypotheses about new knowledge?
5. What will I do to engage students?
6. What will I do to establish or maintain classroom rules and procedures?
7. What will I do to recognize and acknowledge adherence and lack of adherence to classroom rules and procedures?
8. What will I do to establish and maintain effective relationships with students?
9. What will I do to communicate high expectations for all students?
10. What will I do to develop effective lessons organized into a cohesive unit?
For classroom lessons to be truly effective, educators must examine every component of the teaching process with equal resolve. Filled with charts, rubrics, and organizers, this methodical, user-friendly guide will help teachers examine and develop their knowledge and skills, so they can achieve that dynamic fusion of art and science that results in exceptional teaching and outstanding student achievement.
233 pages; ISBN 9781416606581
, or download in
Title: The Art and Science of Teaching
Author: Robert J. Marzano
Biology for the IB Diploma 1753 US$ 47.00 415 pages
Leading Change Step-by-Step 2010 US$ 29.95 226 pages
The Common Core Companion: The Standards Decoded, Grades 3-5 2014 US$ 34.95 289 pages
Experience And Education 2007 US$ 8.73 96 pages