The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
She was the daughter of a single mother, a Hollywood movie star, the wife of one of the greatest presidents of the twentieth century, a cancer survivor. And she waged her greatest battle against her husband's Alzheimer's disease. Nancy Davis Reagan has led an extraordinary life. Now, Mike Deaver, whose relationship with Mrs. Reagan dates back to the 1960s, shares the side of Nancy that only her intimates know.
The Nancy Reagan with whom most Americans are familiar is a caricature shaped by consistently negative press coverage. But the Nancy Reagan whom Mike Deaver has come to know for more than thirty-five years, the woman portrayed in Nancy, is far more complicated. Nancy has been no bit player in the Reagan story. Deaver believes that Ronald Reagan would not have risen to such distinction without Nancy at his side.
To the man Ronald Reagan, Nancy gave the gift of her unrestricted love. She was his respite, his comfort, his reward at the end of the day. When Ronnie's image might be tainted, she would fervently guard it, even at the expense of her own. Now, Nancy is guardian and nurturer of the Great Communicator's legacy.
224 pages; ISBN 9780061760372
More from this author
- History > United States > Civil War Period (1850-1877)
- History > United States > 20th Century
- History > United States > Colonial Period (1600-1775)
- History > Military > Vietnam War
- Biography & Autobiography > Historical
- Biography & Autobiography > Political
- Biography & Autobiography > Women
- Biography & Autobiography > Presidents & Heads of State
- History > Asia
- History > Americas (North, Central, South, West Indies)
- History > Great Britain
- History > Europe
- History > Modern
- History > Africa
- History > Australia & Oceania
- History > World