The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Medical Microbiology, 24th edition
The landmark clinical guide to the role microorganisms play in human health and illnesses -- extensively revised and updated
A Doody's Core Title!
Linking fundamental microbiology concepts with the diagnosis and treatment of clinical infections, this one-of-a-kind, portable text delivers an essential overview of the organisms and agents involved in clinical microbiology. In addition to brief descriptions of the organisms, you'll find vital perspectives on pathogenesis, diagnostic laboratory tests, clinical findings, treatment, and epidemiology. The book's purpose is to introduce basic clinical microbiology through the fields of bacteriology, virology, mycology, and parasitology giving you a far-reaching, yet accessible review of the discipline that you can't find anywhere else. Supporting this acclaimed coverage are more than 300 informative illustrations and tables, each designed to clarify and drive home important chapter concepts.
New to this Edition:
- Updates to critical topics throughout, particularly in the areas of hepatitis viruses, the HIV virus, and bacterial virulence factors
- Refreshed USMLE questions
- Revised list of microorganisms and viruses featured on the inside of the book's covers
832 pages; ISBN 9780071510547
, or download in or
More from this author
- Jawetz, Melnick, & Adelberg's Medical Microbiology, Twenty-Fifth Edition2010US$ 60.95832 pages
- Jawetz Melnick&Adelbergs Medical Microbiology 26/E2012US$ 65.00880 pages