The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Simplified Math for Culinary Professionals
Culinary Calculations, Second Edition provides the mathematical knowledge and skills that are essential for a successful career in today's competitive foodservice industry. This user-friendly guide starts with basic principles before introducing more specialized topics like recipe conversion and costing, AP/EP, menu pricing, and inventory costs. Written in a nontechnical, easy-to-understand style, the book features a running case study that applies math concepts to a real-world example: opening a restaurant.
This revised and updated Second Edition of Culinary Calculations covers relevant math skills for four key areas:
- Basic math for the culinary arts and foodservice industry
- Math for the professional kitchen
- Math for the business side of the foodservice industry
- Computer applications for the foodservice industry
Each chapter is rich with resources, including learning objectives, helpful callout boxes for particular concepts, example menus and price lists, and information tables. Review questions, homework problems, and the case study end each chapter. Also included is an answer key for the even-numbered problems throughout the book.
Culinary Calculations, Second Edition provides readers with a better understanding of the culinary math skills needed to expand their foodservice knowledge and sharpen their business savvy as they strive for success in their careers in the foodservice industry.
256 pages; ISBN 9780470145913
, or download in
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Food service > Food service; Mathematics
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Hospitality industry
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Marketing
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Hotel management
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Restaurants
- Academic > Family and Consumer Sciences > Hospitality industry
- Mathematics > Applied
- Business > Industries > Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Food and Wine