The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Green Building A to Z
Understanding the Language of Green Building
Green building is the fastest-growing trend to hit since the Internet, bringing with it an enormous range of new products, systems, and technologies. Green Building A to Z is an informative, technically accurate, and highly visual guide to green building, for both decision-makers and interested citizens. It begins with an introduction to the importance of green buildings and a brief history of the green building movement, outlines the benefits and costs of green buildings, and shows how you can influence the spread of green buildings. The book touches on key issues, such as enhancing water conservation, reducing energy use, and creating a conservation economy.
The book examines all aspects of green buildings, including:
- Architecture 2030
- Locally sourced materials
- Natural ventilation
- Solar energy
- Zero-net-energy buildings
More than just a reference, this book emphasizes the importance of green buildings and green developments for a sustainable future. It will be an invaluable resource for businesspeople, homeowners, product manufacturers, developers, building industry professionals, and government officials.
240 pages; ISBN 9781550923513
, or download in or
- Academic > Engineering > Building construction > Architectural engineering. Structural engineering of buildings
- Architecture > Public, Commercial, or Industrial Buildings
- Technology > Engineering > Civil
- Science > Environmental Science
- Reference > Consumer Guides
- House & Home > Design & Construction
- Technology > Construction
- The Environment