The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Overcoming Problematic Alcohol and Drug Use
A Guide for Beginning the Change Process
Overcoming Problematic Alcohol and Drug Use is a workbook for use with clients in treatment, informed by the most current research and literature in the substance abuse field. Offering a field-tested alternative to the disease model of addiction, the book introduces a six-session curriculum for treating persons with substance abuse issues and can be used as a self-help resource, or as a practice guide for human service professionals. Drawing on years of research on cognitive-behavioral therapy, the stages of change model, motivational interviewing, and solution-focused therapy, the author has put together a comprehensive and effective guide to change.
136 pages; ISBN 9781135901752
, or download in or
More Social Science
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Alcoholism. Intemperance. Temperance reform
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychopathology > Addiction
- Social Science > Social Issues > Drug Addiction & Substance Abuse
- Self-Help > Substance Abuse & Addictions
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Mental Health