The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Ethnic Minorities and the Media
Changing Cultural Boundaries
What are the latest developments in the production, representation and reception of media output, produced by, for or about ethnic minorities? What informs the questions media researchers ask and pursue when examining the mass media and ethnic minorities? What are the principal forces of change currently shaping the field? There are few media issues more pressing, or potentially more consequential, than the representation of ethnic minorities. This authoritative text, therefore, brings together leading international researchers who have examined some of the latest processes of change (and continuity) informing the field of ethnic minorities and the media. Numerous studies of 'race', racism and the mass media have been conducted in the past. However, both the media landscape and the cultural field of ethnic minorities are fast changing, and this book addresses the recent developments which have threatened to outpace our ability to map, understand and intervene in processes of change. Presented in an accessible style, this book provides the reader with an overview of the very latest research findings and informed discussion.
More from this author
More Social Science
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Communication. Mass media > Mass media; Moral and ethical aspects
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Philology. Linguistics > Communication. Mass media
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Current Events > Mass Media
- Social Science > Discrimination & Race Relations
- Social Science > Ethnic Studies