The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Developing Literacy in Preschool
Preschoolers are passionate about learning, and a high-quality preschool program offers rich learning experiences in the areas of language and literacy. This engaging book gives teachers and other professionals fresh ideas, inspiration, and practical tools for integrating age-appropriate literacy instruction into the preschool curriculum. Including helpful vignettes, sample lesson plans, and reproducibles, the book shows how to create a motivating classroom environment, balance child-initiated exploration with structured activities, and support students' developing skills in reading, writing, speaking, and comprehension. Essential topics include preschool assessment and working with English language learners.
More from this author
- Teaching with the Common Core Standards for English Language Arts, PreK-22012US$ 28.00290 pages
- Teaching with the Common Core Standards for English Language Arts, Grades 3-52012US$ 28.00288 pages
More Language Arts
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Preschool education. Nursery schools
- Education > Elementary
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials
- Education > Preschool & Kindergarten
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Communication
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Reading Skills
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Literacy